Terms&Conditions and Scope of Deposit Insurance
Mevduatların Sigortalanma Koşul ve Kapsamı
Regulation on Deposits and Participation Funds Subject to Insurance and Premiums Collected By Saving Deposits Insurance Fund
- PART ONE
- Purpose and Scope, Legal Basis and Definitions
Purpose and Scope
- ARTICLE 1 – (1) The purpose of this regulation is to set the rules and procedures related to insurance of saving deposits held within the credit institutions and participation funds which belong to natural persons, and the premiums collected by the Saving Deposits Insurance Fund.
- ARTICLE 2 – (1) This regulation is prepared based on the article 63, paragraph 3 of the Banks Act no. 5411 dated October 19, 2005.
- ARTICLE 3 - (1) The terms and expressions used in this regulation shall have the following meanings;
- a) Unit Account Value: It is the unit account value defined in the third article of the Regulation on Fundamentals and Principles on Acceptance and Withdrawal of Deposits and Participation Funds, Overdue Deposits, Participation Funds, Securities and Receivables published in the Official Gazette No. 26333 dated November 1, 2006.
- b) Fund: Saving Deposits Insurance Fund.
- c) Fund Board: Saving Deposits Insurance Fund Board.
- ç) Act: Banks Act no. 5411, dated October 19, 2005.
- d) Credit Institution: Commercial and Participation Banks.
- e) Central Bank: Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- (2) Other terms used in this regulation are used in the same meaning as they are used in article 3 of the Act.
- PART TWO
- Insurance of Deposits and Participation Funds
Scope and amount of insurance
- PART THREE
- Saving Deposits and Participation Fund Premiums Collection
- PART FOUR
- Miscellaneous and Final Provisions